Redditch Hale and Hearties Heart Support Group
Page under construction:
This section will deal with keeping safe whilst using your computer online.
1. Keep your security software up to date.
2. Remember your bank will never ask for your personal data via email or the phone.
3. Unless you know the person who sends you an email, and even then be wary as it may not have come from them, never open any items within the email.
4. Don’t post any personal information online – like your address, email address or mobile number.
5. Think carefully before posting pictures or videos of yourself. Once you’ve put a picture of yourself online most people can see it and may be able to download it, it’s not just yours anymore.
6. Keep your privacy settings on social media sites (Facebook, Twitter etc.) as high as possible.
7. Choose a really hard password, At least 8 characters, upper case letters and special characters.
Do not reuse passwords, give each account a different password. Never give out your passwords.
8. Remember that not everyone online is who they say they are
9. Websites, are like Papers don't believe everything you read.
10. Use a nickname rather than your real one on social media sites.
11. Consider having another email address for use just with social media sites.
12. Never use your mother's real maiden name in security questions, it can be used to find out all sorts of information about you.